[Dailydrool] Calendar pictures

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 14:30:11 PDT 2011

I love basset hounds.  I don't mind all the hair and drool and snooter stuff
on the walls and the pee on the floor(well not too awful much) but I HATE
trying to get a picture.  It takes 3 or 4 people to get a good one.  One to
hold the camera, one to hold the leashes and one to hold the treats and act
like someone who has lost all of their faculties.  Kind of like taking
pictures of three boys only without the leashes.  One year we took 26
pictures for the Christmas card and Daniel's tongue was stuck out in 24 of
them.  But, I digress.

Nic was going to help me get the picture this morning.  I have been asking
for weeks but there was still time left so why the rush!?  We got all the
collars on and got the leashes ready.  Then we went to get the camera.  I
don't have my own because the DH says I don't need one.  I can use his.  It
was not in its place.  The old camera was there with a full card and dead
battery.  Next Nic found the video camera.  It was dead.  Have to recharge
the battery.  Kept looking for the camera.  I finally called the DH.  Many
things but mostly on the phone.  Would not pick up in the office or on his
cell.  Left messages.  Next I texted and emailed.  So far I have recieved no
response.  I am guessing he has the camera.  He won't be home until late
because there is a conference with people from all over that his job is
hosting.  I have been in a snit all day.  I have asked for my own camera
many times.  Should have just bought one and been done with it.  I would
have used my phone but I don't know how to use it.  We are switching phones
around because Nic has managed to mangle his and is taking mine.  At least
he didn't drop this one in the toilet.  So, I had another thought.

I have had cards made at Sam's Club the last few years and they have several
pictures on their photo site that are from years past.  I thought I could
just get one of those and recycle.  It would be easy.  I don't have them on
the computer because that one crashed or something while it was being
repaired and nothing was retrievable, or so they said.  I could not get the
pictures from the website without ordering prints.  I tried everything.  Nic
tried and he is far better than me.  I called their corporate number.  They
told me I would have to buy a cd to get the pictures and I was ok with
that.  I tried to order a CD,  to be picked up in an hour.  It said that
service was not available at our Sam's.  Called the store.  She said they do
it all the time.  Called the corporate people back and round and round we
went.  Finally, for some unknown reason, it went through and I was able to
get a cd made.  I spent hours on this.  We could have had the picture taken
in a few minutes.  I am not amused.  I am going to use a Christmas picture
since our date is in December this year.  I am so irked by all of this.
Maggie must be too.  She keeps whining and crying.  She is sitting on a dog
bed that is on the loveseat.  Long story.  Davinci likes to sit there too.
He is like a little pasha on a pillow.

It is now time for doggie dinners and sons too.  Just what I want to do
right now.  I would rather have a glass of wine or 4.

One irritated mom to Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby who wish I would just
shut up and feed them