[Dailydrool] Catching Up and New Buppy

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Wed Jul 20 08:47:34 PDT 2011

Hi everyone, I'm a little behind on drools from the past 3 weeks due to
a house full of family from out of town for two weekends, my Dad was in
the hospital twice for heart problems over the past two weeks and had to
have surgery and all kinds of other stuff done.

We tried to foster/rescue a boxer from a rescue one of our friends works
for...that didn't work out too well.  He kept attacking my boxer boys
Apollo and Cash, but would run from my bassets Sophie and Schroeder.
Figure that one out....  This dog would literally walk up behind my
boxers if they were just laying there and just start attacking.  So he
had to go back.  But luckily he went back to the lady who had originally
found him on the street. Her daughter thanked our friend for bringing
"her" dog back and it was a happy reunion.  I guess the lady cried for
those two days while he was gone and then had decided she would keep him
and didn't know why she sent him to rescue in the first place.
Supposedly he was a stud that escaped from a puppy mill near her house.

The next day, after all this, Jeff looked at me and said "I want another
basset hound...what do you think"  I thought I was going to fall over!
DUH?!  Dumb question. As luck would have it the breeder we got Sophie
and Schroeder from had a few pups left from his last litter and the
stork brought another basset bundle of joy into our lives.

So now I would like to introduce my new buppy.  Her name is Lucy.  She
is an open red and white.  She is 11 wks old, has a very sweet and
playful personality and has the longest buppy ears I've ever seen.  She
found her ahroo rather quickly thanks to Sophie and has no problem using
it to her advantage.

Everyone has completely accepted her into the pack.  It is nice to have
another female to offset some of the testosterone.  She has also brought
out the life in Sophie and Cash.  Apollo, who is still puppy at 1 1/2
years plays very nice with her.  He even lets her play and take his
toys.  Which no one has done.

Schroeder acts almost like the overseer or man in charge, but not with
an alpha type personality.  Almost like the watchful granpa that doesn't
want to let anyone see his soft side.  Last night he did start to get
playful with her and then when we all started watching he stopped.  We
just keep praising everyone and giving each dog special love to make
sure no one feels slighted or left out.

She has been a really good girl and pupppy and we are thrilled to have
another basset in the family!

We send our love and drool to all in need as we continue to catch up on
drools.

Annette, Schroeder, Sophie, Apollo, Cash and Lucy (Maya and Cassie atb)

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.