[Dailydrool] A Handsome Hunk of Hound looking for a home

oakrydgebh at q.com oakrydgebh at q.com
Wed Jul 20 17:53:02 PDT 2011

I posted a while back needing transport for a basset boy in southern California that was being returned by his owner. He is currently staying with a friend and fellow basset person in northern California. The adopters who wanted him are unable to adopt another hound so we are searching for the perfect home for him. Maverick is a 5 1/2 year old, mahogany and white neutered male.He is a BIG boy currently 89 lbs. and is not overweight. Just a huge heavy boned boy with lots of skin. His heart worm test was negative. He is on heart worm preventative and is current on his vaccinations. Maverick has one ice blue eye and one dark brown eye. He lived in home with children and tolerates even the constant attention of toddlers. He is a very sweet guy and loves to go for walks. I'm not on FB but I do know his picture has been on FB. Maverick needs to be the member of a family. Preferably with children to love on him and give him lots of attention. He loves taking over the recliner and we have photos of him enjoying it as if he owns the chair.He has always been full-time indoor dog and is house trained. Anyone that may be interested in Maverick should contact me off list. Maverick IS NOT a rescue dog. I am his breeder. There will be an adoption contract and potential adopters will be screened. If an approved home isn't found for him while he is in northern California, he will return to Idaho. I decided to post on the DD just in case the "perfect" home for this magnificent boy is in the area where he is now. He will remain available for adoption after he returns to Idaho as well. (That is, if I can bear to give him up.) I have recent photos of Maverick.

Jacqie Marvich
Oakrydge Bassets
Caldwell, Idaho