[Dailydrool] A lesson learned . . .

Alicia Pool apool at wolfrogersdickey.com
Mon Jul 25 10:20:29 PDT 2011

I took one of the dogs to the vet recently and at the end of our visit was
given a listing of all of our pets – 3 dogs and 4 cats – and when their next
shots, etc were due.  I stuffed this into my purse to look at later.  I get
this sheet out today and see that two of the cats have “overdue” indicated
for a particular shot.  One of the cats’ rabies expired on 9/30/10 (he got
his other shots on 9/20/10) and another cat had a different shot that
expired on 4/9/09!  I called the vet because these cats had been seen before
those shots were due.  I asked – how could this be? Those cats were in for
annual appointments about the time each of those shots was due?  Oh, looks
like we just inadvertently missed those shots when those animals were in for
their visits.   What???

Turns out the one shot was considered “optional” so I’m not as concerned
with that one as the rabies.  I guess I trust that when I take any of the
animals in that they will be given all shots that are needed.  I will be
getting this taken care of and request that print-out every time so I can
make sure everyone is up-to-date on everything.

I was thinking if I had applied to adopt a basset from a rescue and gave my
vet information, they would have been told that I had animals that were not
kept current on their shots . . .

Alicia, Flo, Gabe and Liz