[Dailydrool] Bossiness

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 10:50:34 PDT 2011

We have a lot of bossy bassets here.  They are all female so it goes with
the territory.  Ninja is the queen boss and that is putting it nicely.  She
is the queen diva empress of everything she sees, smells and is near.  This
girl does not share or back down from anything.  Then there is Marley.  She
is the queen crab.  No matter what the situation Marley will crab and
b@#$%about it.  She tells us off whenever we come home.  She has a
bark that
sounds like, " Where've you been?".  Her bark is high pitched and sort of
beagley.  She also likes to rule her space and crab in the process.  Maggi
is the most unbossy basset girl I have ever met. All of the others are
afraid of her a bit because she is so big.  Her head is the size of a small
horse's head.  She looks like a big male.  Even Ninja is wary of her.   She
could get along with anyone.  And then there is Shelby.  She is not really
bossy, just loud and old.  She gets lonely sometimes and just sit in the
middle of a room and bellows.  When she wants water or a biscuit or another
dinner bowl, she bellows.

This morning Marley was sleeping on the throw rug by the back door.  Shelby
was ambling through the kitchen on her way to the family room and the back
door.  Lots of times Shelby seems to forget where the door is.  This morning
she walked up to Marley and BELLOWED at the top of her lungs.  I thought
Marley was going to jump out of her skin.  She jumped up and shook and was
looking wildly around.  Shelby just stood there and waited for her to get
out of the way so she could go out and pee.  Marley was so startled that she
didn't snarl or crab or anything.  She just stood there.  Even though Shelby
is rather quiet and submissive most of the time, the old lady comes out once
in a while with her true personality.  Shelby is a great old coot.  She is
the queen of cootiness.

Now everyone is napping and snoring.  If sychronized snoring was an olympic
sport, these girls would be sure to compete.

Julie with Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby-the Queen Cootess