[Dailydrool] Homer

rosekh at aol.com rosekh at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 08:09:47 PDT 2011

Debbie, your post brought tears to my eyes.  From the moment I got Fred and Annie almost 4 years ago (my first dogs since I was a kid) and fell head over heels in love with them, I have wondered how I will cope when the time comes to let them go.  It's a thought I hate to let creep in, and I do my best to avoid it, but it's there.  When I see an adorable basset that needs a home (I can only have 2 in my townhouse), or hear a name that I think would be great for a basset, I stop myself and pray that I won't be able to have a new basset, or name another basset, for a VERY long time.

I tell myself that, when I committed to be their mom, it was for better or for worse, in sickness and in health.  I will get through it because I will owe it to them to do so.  I will try to be strong for them, and for whoever is left behind.  However, it is still not something that I can even imagine surviving, and I hope the time is way off in the very distant future.

I wish you and Homer many more wonderful days together.

Rose, Annie and Fred