[Dailydrool] Losing Back Leg Control - What do I do?

Sarah Webb sarahwebb2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 08:25:10 PDT 2011

Hi everyone.  This morning has been awful.  I woke up to Droopy (13 years
old, otherwise in good health) struggling to stand up.  his back end is just
not doing what he wants.  I know this is common, and I am thankful that he
is still able to get around, but I am looking for advice.  Once he is up, he
does ok, has trouble with steps (only has to deal with one, into and out of
the house), wobbles a bit when on uneven terrain, also is holding himself a
little lower than normal when he poops, but he is still managing that.  Do
you guys think this is something i just need to rest him on?  is it a
situation that i need to get him to the vet asap?  i have no idea what to
do.  the prospect of losing him when all other things are fine is
hearbreaking.

thanks.
sarah and droopy