[Dailydrool] Gassy Puppy

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Wed Jul 27 12:57:18 PDT 2011

Anyone ever have experience with a gassy puppy?

I went home last night and my heart just about stopped.  The DH was home
all day with the dogs, but was gone for most of the evening last night.

I let Lucy out of her crate and holy belly.  She looked a balloon and
her belly was rock hard.

So I get everyone out.  In my mind, trying not to panic because I'm
thinking OMG does she have bloat.  So I call the DH cell phone.  No Lucy
did not look like that when he left.  So then I really start to fret.

In the meantime, she's done her business outside and is now dragging
toys through the house, playing with Sophie and Apollo.

I call the vet.  Dumb question.  Do puppies get bloat?  After going down
a long list of symptoms they thought she either had gas or worms.

I had her outside and she was pooping and peeing like crazy last night.
Also tooting as she played too.  I checked on her at midnight and she
went both again.

Got up this morning and she looked like a normal puppy again.

That was a first for me out the last 5 puppies I've had.  Anyone else
ever encounter this and what did you or didn't you do?

Love and drool to all,
Annette, Schroeder, Sophie, Lucy, Apollo & Cash (Maya and Cassie atb)

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.