[Dailydrool] Buster FreckleFeet

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Jul 27 13:04:49 PDT 2011

I agree with Bev.  Listen to your vets advice... Ask him/her what they would do if it was their dog?  Then listen to your hound...what would he want? Listen to your heart for it will tell you what the answer is.  My Comanche ATB was 12 when diagnosed with lymphoma & melanoma.  Doc suggested an eval at Auburn University  , which we did.  I got the same options as you (1. Prednisone 2. Chemotherapy) no cure,  just buying time.  We went with the Pred since chemotherapy would only get me possibly 6 months and that was going to the vet for 1-2 hours 3 times a week.  Comanche hated being left.  To me better to take a couple of months of quality life vs. Spending so much time at the vet & possibly make him sick from the chemotherapy.   Comanche and I had 3 good months before the cancer entered his lungs and I had to assist him to the bridge.

Michele.  Momma to the Bad A$$ Basset Brothers

Sent from my iPod