[Dailydrool] Turtle Trouble

centerhill08 at comcast.net centerhill08 at comcast.net
Fri Jul 29 09:47:43 PDT 2011

The story about Tabitha the turtle hunter reminded me of an episode with my Romeo a few summers back.  He was lying under a bush looking a bit guilty.  I coaxed him out and I could see he had something quite large in his mouth, but somehow had managed to completey close his mouth over the object - he looked quite hilarious!   I said, "Mo, what are you up to now?"  and he gently opened his mouth and spit out a  large box turtle!  I couldn't believe he fit the poor thing in his mouth!  The tutle was unharmed but  that summer her was just obsessed with turtles and I found him a few more times with turtles (or the same poor one).  Never underestimate what a basset can put in his mouth!

Lisa

Romeo, Nora & Nina