[Dailydrool] ANNOUNCEMENT: SHELTER ADMITS--CLOSED.

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 10:01:30 PDT 2011

--July 27, 2011

AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO FRIENDS, SUPPORTERS, SHELTERS, AND OTHER RESCUE
ORGANIZATIONS.

Basset Rescue of Montana continues as a 501 (c) 3 non-profit to re-home
abused, abandoned and relinquished Bassets--/but now not in the same way./
My neurosurgeon has strongly suggested that I should no longer admit
dogs into our shelter here due to my decreased maneuverability and
compromised neck, shoulder, and knee (after a fall last month).
Unfortunately, I must agree with him.

We now will be boarding dogs coming into rescue and use foster homes
entirely as many rescues now do nationwide.
But, do not fear Leslies' here.

We aren't giving up rescue work and we hope you won't give up on us.
100% of your donations still goes to support the bassets in our
organization.  From initial assessments thru vetting and surgeries and
dentals and everything else in between.   Our _STANDARD OF CARE_ will
not diminish one iota!  I might have to drive farther to accomplish
this, but it /will/ be done.

With your continued support, faithful bidding on our Hounds Bay items,
etc. we will be able to offer our continued support to any neglected or
abused or abandoned basset who comes our way.

Just this morning and this afternoon, 3 hours have already been spent
arranging relinquishment papers, vetting, and transport setups, etc. for
2 bassets, one up in northern Montana and a senior in North
Dakota......a victim of their flooding.

Thank you very much for your understanding. We look forward to be able
to continue our mission!

With heartfelt gratitude, I remain,
Yours truly,

Leslie Ames, President of Basset Rescue of Mt.
406-207-0765
Frenchtown, Mt. 59834
http://www.bassetrescueofmontana.org
email: bassetrescuemt at gmail.com