[Dailydrool] Pilling

Pam Burriell marypam1 at cox.net
Fri Jul 29 09:19:11 PDT 2011

With just having gone thru 10 days of pain pills and antibiotics for Freddy we've gotten pretty good at taking pills.  From his surgery 2 years ago I went crazy trying to figure out how to get him to take them. We tried cheese and hot dogs and they worked pretty good but after his last surgery we nailed it; low sodium deli turkey slices.  He knew about when he was going to be getting the pills and he couldn't wait for his treat.  He would get three small pieces like one drooler said, the first was the prelim, the second was wrapped around the pill and the third was a "Thank you - Good Boy!"  And of course in case that wouldn't work we had the old standby waiting, the boys' Fancy Feast cat food.