[Dailydrool] Washington Basset in SMURF movie and Pill Taking

Sue and Brian Stevens onslowbasset at roadrunner.com
Sun Jul 31 11:41:54 PDT 2011

My hubby ran across this article about the great basset hound
featured in the Smurf Movie.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2015764992_apwasmurfshound1stldwritethru.html

Copy and paste the link into your browser.

Seems his name is Hank and he's from Bellingham Bassets in Washington.

On the subject of pill taking, I have to brag on Onslow - he is the
best pill taker I've ever seen. He thinks they're treats I'd guess -
he just opens his mouth and we drop them down his gullet! Easy peasy!
He takes benedryl nearly year round so he's very good at it. He'll
take other pills too. No problem. Such a relief since I know many
dogs will not! Our previous dog, a terrier-beagle mix, was not keen
on it at all and late in life had to be on a lot of meds. My most
successful camouflage was liverwurst - seriously! Still can't buy it
to this day because it make me miss my Quincy hound.

Best to all!

Sue & Brian Stevens
(and Onslow of the healing tail)