[Dailydrool] digging in carpet

Pat Mayer lilygurl.pat at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 11:58:59 PDT 2011

Our 7 yr old basset coonhound mix Murphy, who is part of our entourage',
gets rather obsessive at times about digging  the carpet to a point of
leaving a pile of loose fibers.  Now, he has started doing it late at
night.  He goes to bed, falls asleep.  and when the tv goes off (usually set
on a timer) it wakes him up apparently...and he starts digging...which wakes
everyone else up. The tv is on a timer because the human needs to have it on
to fall asleep.  (It is on low.) .  He is already on rimadyl and Phycox for
his back and hips. We've put him in his crate a few times and he finally
gives it up but not without digging there too and never really needed to
sleep in a crate before.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Pat