[Dailydrool] Question on Male Nipples

Nicole Haase nicole.haase at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 20:26:42 PDT 2011

My boy Flash has always had a few larg-ish nipples, but the one closest to
his front leg on the right side has always been biggest. He has skin
allergies and basically a bare, hairless belly. He's able to scratch that
area and he sometimes the skin on the nipple and causes it to bleed.

Today, while we were away from the house, he really broke it open and it
bled quite a bit. I cleaned him up, put neosporin and band aids on it and
covered him with a t-shirt so he can't attack it any more.

Without too much descriprtion, the nipple is barely attached. It's a large
fleshy nub with a small bit of skin attaching it to his body.

I'm calling the vet in the morning, but I was wondering if anyone has had
any experience with anything like this. Flash is 11 or 12 and I'm not in a
hurry to put him under anesthetic. I'd like to have it removed so he can't
keep causing his own problems, but I have no idea if that's even an option,
what the cost would be and if he could handle the surgery.

Anyone who's had any experience with this that could give some advice, I'd
appreciate it.

--
Nicole Haase
nicole.haase at gmail.com