[Dailydrool] Bassets and gardens

Jane Lyons jane at robertlyonsphotography.com
Fri Jul 15 12:37:57 PDT 2011

We enjoyed the stories of bassets and gardens, and have to relate one of
our own.

Our second basset, when she was a senior girl, used to love the garden.
We had a large garden, 1/4 acre in size, so we had plenty.
We would plant an extra row of peas and string beans just for Daisy.
When we were working in the garden, Daisy would come with us.  She would
start at the beginning of the row, and work her way in until she was
full.  We called her our "garden girl".

We no longer have a garden, but whenever we hear stories of bassets and
gardens, we can't help but think of Daisy.  Daisy was our longest lived
basset, living to the ripe old age of 15 3/4.  Maybe all the fresh
veggies helped her longevity!
,

Jane and Rob
slaves to Jackie and April, who will both turn 14 next month