[Dailydrool] Bassets and Gardens

centerhill08 at comcast.net centerhill08 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 16 07:58:04 PDT 2011

Years ago I was planting a row of lavender along the side of my house. My old girl basset was lying in the sun, or so I thought. When I got to the end of the row I turned around to admire my work and half of the lavender plants were missing. My old girl was patiently waiting for me to move out of the way so she could finish off the row. These days, Nora's favorite place to lay is in my new hosta garden - right in the middle like a garden ornament. It always makes me laugh as she looks like she is trying to tip toe through the garden oblivious that her giant basset feet are trampling everything.

Lisa, Nora & Nina (PBGV)