[Dailydrool] Bassets and Gardens

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 02:38:40 PDT 2011

Morse loves gardens, anyones garden actually. We have only just moved so this
garden is new to us and we're not sure where to put stuff yet, but it doesn't
matter really  as Morse regularly throws himself through the plants to the few
holes he has dug at the back of the rockeries, and starts digging all over
again. After a few minutes he collapses into the hole and watches us through the
shrubs, with soil all over his face. We inherited some roses at the front and
dadslave has fenced them off with some string. Every day Morse tries to navigate
this piece of land without success and it is an obvious source of irritation to
him.

Last week we had to put our neighbours geese away for the night as the
neighbours had gone out. I took Morse with us as the geese are on a separate
piece of land, dadslave sorted them out while I took Morse through to the
gardens.  The neighbours gardens are wonderful. They open the gardens regularly
for charity and holds teas there, and people wander about admiring it all. Dogs
are not encouraged. So as they were out for the evening, I thought what harm
could a little Morse visit do?  Why didn't I know better?  I let him off the
lead and he just took off - he  must've been waiting for the opportunity for
some time. He tore down the hill and galloped straight into their vegetable
patch. I ran after him and did drag him off (eventually) but will have to shake
head sympathetically if neighbours ever mention that the veggies in that plot
'just haven't taken off this year'.  *sigh*

Becky (hoping they  haven't got a webcam set up for their garden), Morse (I was
just doing some weeding) and Pumbaa ATB (bwaahhh!)