[Dailydrool] Fred Update

Pam Burriell marypam1 at cox.net
Sun Jul 24 07:49:36 PDT 2011

First off I want to say how sorry I was to hear about Copper; but you can be sure Elder Clara will keep a good eye on him.

The vet finally called Friday afternoon with the pathology report.  It was definitely cancer but he said it is a low grade type so he was pretty happy with that.  We know with his track record of already having two surgeries the chances are good that it will come back at some time but right now he's here to love.  Since he lost that 8 pound mass he's definitely got his energy back (well, as much energy as an 11 year old basset can have!) and his appetite is completely back to normal.  Back to whining and begging for anything he can get his jowls into.  He goes in later this week for removing his stitches and then everything should be back to normal.  The vet said that he can get along without his spleen so I shouldn't have to treat him any differently.  Now I'm trying to figure what kind of supplements I should be giving him to help keep his system strong.  He's already been on grain free for over 6 months and gets it topped off with either chicken or fish which he has absolutely no objections to!

I want to thank all of you again for your prayers and drool and kind emails that I received over the last couple weeks.  They definitely kept me going.  I have them all in a special folder.

Pam, Freddy, and Scout and Demon (Fred's kitty brothers)