[Dailydrool] Edmond's Anxiety

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 27 15:22:03 PDT 2011

Hi Kim,

I think you rescued Snoopy's twin brother.  Snoopy was the world's first perfect
basset hound for a little while after we brought him home from the pound.  He's
still perfect, but he acts like a basset hound now.  Ahroooooooooooooooo.

Rescues often PANIC when their people leave.  They have been through some hard
times.  Once they decide to keep us, they aren't too keen on having us venture
off.  What if something were to happen to us and we didn't come back??  Snoopy's
owner had up and died on him so he was VERY concerned.

Enter Cyrus.  Snoopy has a nonabasset brother named Cyrus.  Cyrus is the biggest
black lab anybody has ever seen.  Cyrus loves Snoopy, but then, Cyrus loves just
about anyone (thing?).  First time I left and closed the door I heard Snoopy
SCREAM ... it sounded like a human scream.  Two scratches at the front door (we
don't crate and there is a dog door) ... then nothing.  Came home 45 minutes
later and found the two of them curled up together.

That's how it is.  I think you need another basset.  I guess you could get him a
nonabasset but I dare say this is a basset list and with all the rescues being
full up if you get him a notabasset and get flamed for it then don't blame me.

Good luck,
Dale