[Dailydrool] Urgent - how long do i wait for the pred to work?

Sherri Jeakins hounddogmom.jeakins at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:31:51 PDT 2011

We agree with robert. We fill a shot or something more agressive then just a
pill. My vet put my cleo on iv treatments 3 days. Good luck

On Jul 29, 2011 10:21 AM, "R Groves" <dd-post at thegroves.net> wrote:

The DAILY DROOL
An internet mail list designed to
entertain and inform basset hounds
and their peopl...

**
Did the vetman only give you prednisone? or did they give him a shot of it
or something along its lines (SAID or NSAID) ?

When my boy went wobbly (drunken sailor) the vet did a shot (can't remember
its been 11 years) and prednisone ... within 1 day he was more stable.

But it was more the shot the vet gave.. as that started relieving the
swelling, and the prednisone was to continue it .. once done he was on
Rimadyl, up to 1 tab daily (started with half a tab every day and that's
what he was on for 3 years).

-Robert