[Dailydrool] Thunder shirts

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 30 20:05:02 PDT 2011

I am so glad that Thunder shirts were invented.  Jelly and Nigel were not afraid of storms as pups, but as they matured, they get really freaky.  Coincidence or not, when they were younger, they both had catastrophic health issues from which they recovered.  If that played I part, I will never know, but thunder shirts absolutely help my guys.  However, that being said, the disclaimer is it does not help EVERY dog.  I guess I had a bit of luck with this one, and as others have posted, when their anxiety is high, they actually appreciate that the shirt be put on them.  To enhance the benefit of the shirt, I supplement them with one of three products on a rotating basis.  Liquid composure is my first choice, and if the storm is long and prolonged, I give them melatonin, or a second dose of liquid composure.  Occasionally, I resort to benedryl, but that is my last choice as the other supplements sooth them better.
I hope this helps, and healing drool to all in need.
I am already doing the no rain stomp for OBR fest.
Jr. is going for his CGC test tomorrow, and the plan is for him to do a few agility runs as well, but it is not a competition, just a demonstration.  Wish us luck, and it is going to be super hot.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the herd