[Dailydrool] Queen Poppy Mug

Marilyn Deucher mjdeucher at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 07:23:35 PDT 2011

I was happy to see that Queen Poppy is still raking in money for basset rescue!

For those Droolers who never had the opportunity to meet her, she was the first Michigan Queen whose title cost thousands of dollars and she never let anyone forget it!  She was a friend to legends such as Qw. FeyFey, Woo, da Moose, Melba Toast, Caruso, Qw. Ethel and many others of that era.  She  wore her hats and pearls proudly to four Michigan Waddles, two Boardwaddles (where she was pulled in a wagon by two Ocean City schoolgirls as the first reigning queen to make an appearance) and the 2003 Drool picnic in Gettysburg.

Bid often, bid high- there are precious few of the Queen Poppy Mugs still in my possession and they won't be leaving here anytime soon.

Marilyn