[Dailydrool] Happy Birthday to my Beethoven!

Tim Mayer tcm541 at embarqmail.com
Thu Jun 2 11:50:28 PDT 2011

It's June again. Time for another birthday. What's that, old boy? Seventeen?
You're kidding, right? No? OMG - look at those old vet records. Well, I'll
be...

Beethoven, my longtime friend is turning seventeen this month. For real!
Rock on, old buddy!

I haven't posted anything to the DD in years, but this is a milestone that
needs to be shared :)

Beethoven is my first hound - he's actually half basset, half shar pei. But
none of the shar pei shows - he looks like a basset with slightly shorter
ears than typical. After a few good years with this guy, I decided to try
another. Maggie was a rescue basset. And a real Grade A problem child.
Maggie is why I sought out the counsel and support of the DD. Now, ten years
later, she's old too (about 12), and isn't much trouble anymore.

Dreamer, the wanna-be, is a sheltie. That's the breed of dogs I usually had
before the hounds, so when I had a chance to add him to the pack I couldn't
pass it up. But now he's around 12 years old, maybe 13.

Oh - and did I mention I'm getting old too? Geez - what is this? Geriatric
Central?

Anyway, please join me in celebrating the long life of my best friend. I
know he'll be crossing the bridge sooner than I would like, so this really
is the time to PARTY!!!

Tim - n - Puppies