[Dailydrool] Happy 13th to Copper

Barbara Sorensen b.a.sorensen at att.net
Thu Jun 2 11:08:44 PDT 2011

It is our great pleasure to announce that our little guy Copper turns 13 today.
Yay, Copper!  This is especially meaningful because we might have lost him to
bloat a few weeks ago.  He bloated just after we got home from the Michigan
Waddle-about 1:30 on May 17th.  We are lucky enough to have an emergency vet
fairly close and they were able to operate to untwist his stomach and it was
done early enough that there was no damage.  He has recovered remarkably well.
He has been on a bland diet of lean meat, rice or pasta, vegetables and no-fat
yogurt every since and loves it.  Since it is a special day and the meat market
happened to have them on sale, tonight's lean meat is going to be chopped beef
tenderloin.  He is in good shape for his age: hearing is excellent, eyesight not
bad.  He does have severe spondilosis, but it has formed around the nerves and
doesn't hamper movement very much.  He is getting more eccentric has he gets
older, but that's normal, right?

Barb and Neal parents to teenager Copper, Wilbur, Duncan, Buddy the not-a-basset
and Max and Gretta (ATB)