[Dailydrool] cateracts

Carol Macleod macleod at tcnj.edu
Thu Jun 2 12:00:07 PDT 2011

It is so nice to know there is a place to ask questions regarding our best friends our bassets!   We got Honey 6 years ago from a back yard breeder....then we got Leroy from a friend....we have never had a problem with Leroy....but our love Honey has been a money pit....from allergies to cancer she fills the bill...now it it cataracts...we noticed it in November....she gets drops two times a day and the pressure is bad in both eyes...we are trying a third drop, we just got today...we are thinking of getting both eyes done and put in new lenses in both...anyone else out there had this problem our vet says it is common in bassets and if they get it at a young age it is genetics....Thanks for any advice at all....
Carol Honey and Leroy