[Dailydrool] Sad News, Happy News

Melanie Prisco melprisco at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 13:37:08 PDT 2011

Sad News:

Our darling Miss Delilah (adopted 10 years ago from NEBHR -- had a brother
Sampson...don't know if he is still out there...was kept by his foster
people) lost her fight with cancer two weeks ago. After having a few good
weeks, things started to go down hill and we knew it was time, we said our
good byes and helped her to the bridge.  She was 14.5...would have been 15
this September. We will miss her but know that she is with our other hound
Maximillion.

Happy News:

We adopted a sweet, 2.5 year old boy,  Rockwell from BHRG. And while we miss
our Delilah, we are very excited to give Rockwell a forever home. It's been
awhile since we had a younger basset so I'm sure I will have questions. I
almost forgot about the basset 500 until last night! And he is our first
basset to drink from the  toilet. Anyone have experience with this? I can't
figure out how he gets in there and more importantly how he keeps his ears
dry!!!

Melanie
Max (ATB), Delilah (ATB) and Rockwell (full of energy)