[Dailydrool] Next rescue to vote for

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 05:27:40 PDT 2011

I know we're all thinking about the next rescue to vote for. Please consider
Basset Rescue Crew of the Southeast. I know I said before that I thought
another rescue in the Carolinas usually had the voting all sewed up but I've
seen the power of all of us Droolers and I think there might be hope for us.
We're such a small rescue but we keep plugging along, finding money where we
can and, most importantly, saving hounds. I have Darcy with me right now who
is such an amazing houndette. I just can't imagine why anyone would let her
go other than she had a bad spot on her leg that BaRCSE had surgically taken
care of yesterday. Let me just say, thank doG for vets who are committed to
rescue! She had a check up on Tuesday and one of the recommendations was
that she have a dental. Well, I declined. We seem to find the money for the
necessary things but stuff like dentals have to wait unless it's imperative
and the surgery to remove the growth on her leg was a much bigger priority
than a dental. Our vet went ahead and did the dental yesterday at NO CHARGE
while Darcy was asleep. I just can't say enough good things about the vets
that BaRCSE has been fortunate enough to work with. Anyway, I can only say
that 100% of the money would go to the hounds. We don't have the resources
to have a store or anything like that. Our money is spent totally on the
hounds....vet bills, whatever we have to pay to spring them from shelters,
and medications for them. We're struggling financially just like everyone
else so we would be very grateful if you would consider BaRCSE as the next
rescue to vote for.

Thanks!

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger