[Dailydrool] Eating Naughty Things in the Yard

DIERKER j.mdierker at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 3 21:11:53 PDT 2011

If my dogs have ever gotten a rabbit, or bird, or anything else I didn't know about it. Today there was a baby bird in our yard. I was watering a new plant, and it flew down from a tree and landed about 3 ft. from me, and proceeded to take a bath in the shower from the hose right on the ground in front of me.If I stopped, he'd tilt his little head and chirp at me, and fluff up so I'd have to sprinkle him again. I did this with him for 5 minutes, so therefore, we bonded. THEN I remembered the 5 dogs in my yard with me. When I turned and looked at them, they all had eyes bugging out of their head, but I think they knew from the look on my face that things wouldn't go well if they attempted anything. I admit I growled at them.I actually got them all inside without an incident. Unfortunately baby bird can't quite navigate over the fence yet, so now I'm a nervous wreck. I'm horrible about anything getting hurt, except spiders. I pay my family to smush em.
 Sorry spider lovers. Another tasty thing in Missouri right now is these 13 yr. Cicadas. There are millions and millions of them, and they scream all day long. Thankfully our neighborhood has been spared (I think maybe the tornado in April upset their breeding) but at the vet clinic where I work, we've had clients come in with puky dogs, and a ziploc with the evidence. Just a huge pile of cicada bodies. Thankfully they die down in about two weeks, but if anybody's pet is chowing down on them, you're gonna have a really nasty mess to clean up.
Janet, Yogi, Carlie Jane, Bernie, Bunny and Dolly (official bird watchers)