[Dailydrool] Rambo is back & Re: Snoopy the weird!

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sat Jun 4 06:54:38 PDT 2011

I am so sorry to read that Miss Delilah, Miss Molly, and Bill have all made the journey to the bridge. Take heart that Molly and Delilah are young and healthy hounds once again and Bill is a young and healthy Rescuer who is up at the bridge loving on all of those that he helped rescue and all the others. I'm also sure that Bill will look down on us and help guide needy hounds to the right pathes to help them find the help they need and perfect forever home.  May Bill, Miss Molly & Miss Delilah all live in the magic of our memories forever.

Thursday night Rambo's mom called to ask if Rambo could stay with us for 2 weeks while she was on work travel.  Of course I said yes...and at least the poor pup (ok giant pup (great dane mix) would get some chicken jerky here.  If you all remember Rambo stayed with me a while back and I sent some homemade chicken jerky home with him that his momma ate...also momma bought a dehydator to make jerky but sadly poor Rambo only gets a few small peices since momma has become addicted to the doggie crack!  So far they are all getting along well.  Rambo is a big goofball and he just walke over the boys when they go out...so I have to let the boys get out the door and out of the way before I let Rambo out.

Dale, Snoopy is a rescue correct? I'm willing to bet that he might have a little PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome) Dogs and people that go through something traumatic can get this....even just being given up by his former family and put in a shelter even for a few days can be very traumatic for a dog.  My Ruger who is a tad on the skitish side in unfamilar settings would be a basket case! Colt is more of a go with the flow hound and probably wouldn't be as messed up by this situation as Ruger...And no I would never think of putting them in this situation...just using it as an example. During a 2-3 day time span Ruger had several events that scared the p'jeebies out of him while out on walks (Note. Colt was exposed to the same events but it didn't phase him) 1. Someone stepped out from behind a car that he did not see and the hound almost did a back flip because he was so startled by this person...2. We were walking near the high school stadium when the band started up unexpectantly again scared Ruger into the back flip thing.  There were a couple of other smaller things that happened to....but Ruger had a seizure one night after the 2nd big incident.  I contribute it as an after effect to PTSD since nothing like that has happend again and he has been (knock on wood) siezure free since then.  (I also took some holistic steps to like no more chemical cleaners, and air deoderizers and spreading heartworm and flea preventative out).  Anyhowl I am willing to bet that Snoopy is suffering from mild PTSD (dogs handle stress diferantly) and he might be having flash backs of his previous life.  I am willing to bet that with your love, understanding and Cyrus's too that Snoopy will start to feel more comfortable and safe and with time all of those past memories will fade and along with that all of his "freak outs" will disappear too.  HOWEVER...Eating weird stuff/foods is just being a typical basset hound! Most hounds are garbage disposals if you let them.  My hounds eat water & honeydew melon, bananas, sweet peppers, apples, sweet potatoes, etc.  And if given the chance would probably eat artichokes too. LOL\

Drool to all in need
Michele Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers and Auntie/temp Foster Mom to Rambo

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...