[Dailydrool] Buster wins 1st prize!

LOIS LEMA lemalois at verizon.net
Sun Jun 5 19:39:36 PDT 2011

Buster Brown basset hound took 1st prize at the Dog & Pet Walk in the Flemington Borough Park, in Flemington, NJ today.  He sang his favorite selection "ain't nuthin' but a hound dawg" of course.  Mid Atlantic Basset Hound Rescue had a booth set up in the park today along with other rescues & groups...& the walk consited of a 1.9 mile tour around the historic town of Flemington, NJ..the site of the Lindbergh baby kidnapping trial.

Buster was attired in his pirate costume which makes him look especially dashing.  Miss Sally looked equally stunning in her bandanna created by Kathi Lockhart.    They were joined by Col Harland Sanders & foster dogs Yogi & Fletcher.

Much donations were collected  as Buster sang at the booth as well along with "basset crap" sales.

On Saturday Col. Harlan & Fletcher held down the fort at the Quakertown vet event for the rescue.

Big fun was had at both events..

Volunteers are always welcome to come out & help...both canine & 2 legged...& if you can sing..well that is even better!

Lois &
Buster Brown  (I really don't have stage fright when the microphone was in my face)
Sally  (they don't let me sing)
Lowla  (I got to stay home )

"Creativity is intelligence having fun."  Albert Einstein

"Antiquity"                @www blurb .com
"Tater Takes a Trip" @  www.blurb.com
"Passion...a journey"  @ www.blurb.com