[Dailydrool] Frozen Custard

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 19:45:22 PDT 2011

We went to St. Louis for frozen custard tonight.  It is not a long drive for
us and we decided to take Marley with us.  She is a very calm car rider and
is gentle with new people and kids.  This place was packed and Marley made a
couple of new friends.  One was a little girl who was about the same size
and another was a guy who thought she was beautiful.  Marley took it all in
and was very pleased with herself.  She even got her own dish of custard.  I
know she probably shouldn't have had any but it was plain and she loved it.
She slept all the way home.  The other girls were not too happy about her
leaving without them but a certain basset named NInja can't be trusted not
to guard her mom so she has to stay home.

When we had our first dog, Rowdy, not a basset, she went in the car with us
a lot and she always got her own dish at Dairy Queen.  Everyone thought she
was so cute.  She was a good old girl and lived to be eighteen years old.
My dad has a big picture of her on his desk and says he talks to her every
day.  Strange, I know, but she reminds him of the "good old days".

Right now, three of the four bassets are in here asleep.  Shelby is in the
living room with Nic.  She is getting her beauty rest so she can wake up at
5 AM for her breakfast.  She gets up earlier a lot of times.  Her words to
live by are, "It's five o'clock somewhere".  She loves her breakfast bowl.

We hope everyone has a good week.  The DH is going to put in the fence to
keep certain little bassets out of the garden this week.  I sure hope it
goes well or I will hear about it for the rest of my life.  And not in a
good way.

Love and snooters from the Southern Illinois Bassets and kitty boys