[Dailydrool] June 9 Calendar Boy

Susan Tonjes sdtonjes at comcast.net
Mon Jun 6 04:20:55 PDT 2011

I know we're early, but we're going to be traveling this week and I'm not sure I'm going to have Internet access.  I didn't want Blue's calendar day to go by without posting.

June 9 would have been Blue's 12th birthday.  We lost him in January due to complications of diabetes.  We had had him and his brother & littermate Jonesy since they were 8 weeks old.

Blue was our snuggle puppy, our boy who lived for food.  He wasn't materialistic about toys like Jonesy and he didn't like dressing up like Jonesy did but he loved his frosty paws, rice cakes, carrots, basically FOOD!

Jonesy was our alpha until he got sick with mast cell tumors and then Blue stepped up to the plate.  After we lost Jonesy, we fostored once and babysat a friend's 16-week Basset puppy for a week once, but Blue made it clear both times that he was perfectly happy to be an only hound and so that's the way it was.

I'm amazed these days at how messy my kitchen floor is.  I never appreciated how well he kept all crumbs cleaned up. Now crumbs on the floor stay on the floor until I vaccuum.

We miss Blue so much and are glad that he & Jonesy are at the Bridge together.  But what I wouldn't give to see him again looking up at me from Daddy's pillow, challenging me to move him.

Susan Tonjes

Blue 6/9/99-1/11/11

Jonesy 6/9/99-1/11/06