[Dailydrool] evolution - a bit long and self indulgent

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:36:05 PDT 2011

I have so much to say, and yet, I fear what will be typed, in a good way, so to speak.
First, about evolution, I was computer shy for a very long time, and I frowned on digital cameras, but now I rejoice with both.  When I plunge, I really plunge, and when I finally got my computer, I made sure to get a fast service.  So when I used to "borrow" computer time from my sister and there were only 300 postings on ebay for basset stuff, it took me about the same time as I now look at 7,000 items.  I have a couple on watch, but no one is bidding on them, so no worries out there about competition.  BTW, I was allowed to hook my sister up to my system so she streams faster now as well.  She is techno phobic, but she handled a lot of helping Dad the Veterinarian when I would pass out fainting because I am gore phobic.
Evolution part two.  Pierre jr went to the ABC summer fest with me this weekend.  He came home a changed hound, but he just may still be tired, but, I know one thing, he learned to give paw over the weekend, and I have been trying to get him to learn for a while.  Not only does he give paw, he pounds paw, like a super high five.  He did an excellent job at collecting pledges, he was very well mannered, he rolled for belly rubs all the time.  He is my kooky heart dog in training.  I missed my herd, but jr. is the only one who travels and appreciates these events.  Last year he trained with Auntie Walli, and we walked every Saturday with a walking group, and that lead to his beginning classes at Doggie U.  He graduated beginner obedience recently, and school we love, we will go forever.
Jr., I thought was once a potential OEBE, but now I think he is a potential Prince.  He did achieve that title this weekend at the ABC Summer fest, and I am already planning to attend next year, but arrive the night before, rather than scramble and get lost for an hour after driving 6.  Hey, at least I know where it is now!!!  I am in training as well as Pierre, as I am a Virgo and a worry person, but I was able to leave him in the hands of the very capable Auntie Angelika and Auntie Walli, a good thing as I want to train him for his CGC in the fall.  I probably have more separation anxiety than he, and I am learning "It is OK".
Pierre won not only the Prince title at ABC summer fest, but also, he was second best butt.  I will cherish that ribbon forever.  I used to do horse events, and never got close to a red ribbon.  I am so proud of jr.  He also did an excellent job at his official photo shoot.  This is the third time I have used professional photographers, and no diss to anyone if you are a drooler, but, I must say this last shoot was the best.  She was so excellent with the set up, not greedy with price, and I am relieved to say, I have ordered my Xmas cards already.  I ordered way too many last year, as the long list was smaller than I expected, but probably this year, I won't have enough.  Such is the ebb and flow of life.
What I am writing now is what I fear.  I fear the commitment and ability to accomplish something that is long over due, and I have deluded myself with excuses way too long.  I am over weight.  I have had this burden my entire life, and I weigh now what I weighed in high school, but when I have a motivation, I am able to lose it, although, as an older person, I don't know how physiology changes.  Nevertheless,  I wish to do a healthy and life long plan of slow weight loss that can be measured by a year's tally.  I want to pledge my weight loss for bucks for ABC for next year's summer fest.  I personally will donate $10.00 for every pound lost.  Jr. weighed me today, and I was 260.  I want to be 130.  Help me lose weight and help hounds too.  This is more embarrassing than I planned, but those on the extreme weight loss shows got real and realized there is no hiding when it is a real desire.  My combined desire is to help hounds and be normal weight.  (and have Pierre a drool PW).  If anyone wants to join my pledge by offering any amount per pound, I would be thrilled.  I am just learning how to fund raise, and a year is very short, just kicking the notion out there.  I will even embarrass myself to get weighed in public before and after, after all, it is for the hounds, and ultimately me, I have a great pair of jeans from the 70's I really want to fit in again, LOL LOL.
Thank you ABC, Shelly, Don, Gary what a wonderful time I had.  Two days took two years of stress off my body.
woofs and woofs,
Jackie and the herd