[Dailydrool] Working from home with a basset

Mucci, Annette Annette.Mucci at us.hjheinz.com
Tue Jun 7 13:07:48 PDT 2011

I get a total guilt trip when I'm in the office working, even just
paying bills.  Especially if it on the weekends.

We have two chairs in the office.  Schroeder will crawl up on the chair,
head to one side looking pathetically out the window while he whines and
sighs.

Sophie will come over to the desk chair and sit and give me her best
demanding Ahroo Roo Roo's until the guilt engulfs me and I get down on
the floor and play with both of them.

Spoiled rotten and I fall for it everytime.  It is the curse of the
basset hound.

Once I'm on the floor, the next phase starts. It is what I call boxer
boredom.  They don't really care if I'm working, they're just bored and
somebody play with me.

At that moment, 2 boxers and 2 bassets start playing and wrestling while
barking at eachother at the top of their lungs while I'm trying to work,
which doesn't allow me to get anything done because I can't hear myself
think.

Lastly, I throw them all outside and then I have to get up every 5
minutes and go check on them because god forbid what could happen and
what they could get into un-attended in the yard.  Which also turns into
being completely unproductive.

It's a no win situation.

Love and drool to all,
Annette, Schroeder, Sophie, Apollo & Cash (Maya & Cassie atb)

This communication is intended for the use of the addressee
only and may contain information that is privileged or
confidential. If you are not the addressee, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or use of this
communication is prohibited. If you received this
communication in error, please destroy it, all copies and any
attachments and notify the sender as soon as possible. Any
comments, statements or opinions expressed in this
communication do not necessarily reflect those of H.J. Heinz
Company, its subsidiaries and affiliates.