[Dailydrool] untrainable momPerson

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 7 16:54:30 PDT 2011

Hi all, Snoopy here,

Now I love my momPerson but she is seriously hopeless.  Just yesterday she was
sitting on the couch and I came into the living room and asked her for a boost
and she looked at me blankly and said, and I quote "come on up Snoopy."
Seriously.  She suggested that I exert myself by leaping.  Now, if momPerson
wasn't just sitting there I could understand, if she wasn't home or something
then sure, I can get up there by myself.  But there she was, and there I was,
and she thought I should do it for myself.  What's a hound dog to do?

And another thing, nighty night time.  Now by nighty night time Snoopy is a
very, very sleepy Snoopy.  He simply MUST have a boostidy boost to get into bed
with Natalie.  So momPerson boosts me when she tucks Natalie in.  And then as
soon as the girls are in bed with the lights out dadPerson goes into the kitchen
and starts rattling dishes and making a snack.  And guess what?  Snoopy needs to
supervise.  And after I help dadPerson finish his snack then I need a boostidy
boost (obviously) to get back into bed with Natalie.  And there is momPerson
complaining that I weigh 72 lbs and she just boosted me 10 minutes ago and I
should make up my mind.

momPerson takes Cyrus and I for a walk every single night.  For 5 months now.
And I simply cannot get her trained.  I want to BARREL along at full gallop.
Cyrus can keep up with a quick trot (long legger that he is).  momPerson CAN
keep up (she's a runner for goodness sake) but she keeps trying to make us walk
along at HER pace.  She tried a harness but I got a chaffing rash from pulling
so much.  She switched to a martingale and she will actually STOP and WAIT until
I stop trying to correct her before going forward again.  I simply cannot seem
to improve her performance on walks.  And sometimes there is another dog and she
actively prevents me (and Cyrus) from charging over there and demanding an
explaination.

Any suggestions for training a recalcitrant momPerson?

More later from Snoopy