[Dailydrool] stuffis

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 14:52:26 PDT 2011

It is still hot enough to fry eggs on the pavement here.  The dadperson is
working on the fence, bless his heart.  The girls have become expert fence
inspectors and are now taking a break from the heat.  They have had their
dinner and are now having their first after dinner nap.  Maggie has  not
found any more birds so I hope that is at an end.  Ninja is supervising
everyone from the couch as usual.

A delivery person just rang the doorbell.  You would have thought that some
sort of marauding horde was here to take the girls.  I don't think anyone
could get in without their permission and they did not give it.  He seemed
a bit asurprised at all the noise coming out of the sweet looking bassets.
Ninja is convinced that anyone who comes near me is going to do me harm in
some way.  I love that she takes care of me.  I just wish she would be a
little less forceful.  I'm fairly certain that Maggie would go out and roll
over for anyone at the door.  Shelby hangs back.  She lets them do the hard
stuff.  She just adds her 2 cents in the background.

Marley is feeling much better.  She still has a few days of meds and then we
will see if the pain is gone or was covered up.  Now she sleeps with her
head under the bed and her fluffy fanny out.  We can't see her, of course.
Really, who could see 58 pounds of basset butt?  We love you Miss Marley.

I need to check on the fence putter inner.  He said to check once in a while
in case the fence snaps off and breaks his neck or something.  Being a bit
dramatic.  I will be so happy when it is done and Maggie can't get to the
outer fence.  She is a pip.

Wishing everyone cool thoughts and sending cooling drool.
Mom and the girls.