[Dailydrool] dogs and heat

beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca beckyandgeorgie at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 9 19:19:55 PDT 2011

I live in Calgary AB Canada and rest assured there's no heatwave here and is
like Victoria
raining all the time  but I know there is elsewhere.

Here is a tip that was sent to me . Hope it helps.
I was told by a dog judge that they put a wet white towel on dogs at the
shows when hot
I used to have a neck thing I also put on becky that you wet and put on
Good Luck. Apparently in people it's the neck and dogs the paws. Makes sense
to me
Geiorgie and Miss Becky ATB

      TODAY´S TIP: RECREATION & GAMES | JUNE 9, 2011

      In High Heat, Dampen Your Dog's Paws
      by Helen Fazio, Travel Dog Blogger, www.traveldogbooks.com

           When we get overheated running around in hot weather, we often
put a wet towel around our necks. And when our dogs get hot, we often do the
same for them hoping it will help them in the high heat. Better to dampen
their paws. It's the paws that help a dog release heat, so dip those pads in
cool (but not cold) water for a quick pick up. You can even rub the paws
with an alcohol wipe in a pinch, and the wipes are easy to carry on walks
and hikes in your pocket.

            Helen Fazio and her dog Raja are world travelers. Click here to
visit their blog, andclick here to follow them on Twitter.

      Add a comment | See all Recreation & Games tips