[Dailydrool] Nothing really

A. Woodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Sat Jun 11 16:53:43 PDT 2011

So I do a little monthly recipe column for the Senior Houndsabound
newsletter, and for the newsletter that just came out, one of the things I
mentioned was how strange the weather had been here in Texas, it was mid-May
and still in the 80s with lots of rain, which is pretty unusual.  Well, it
changed.  Beeg time, as Holly the Dolly would say.  Hot, hot, hot, humid,
humid, nasty weather.  We have switched to our Summer walking time of 8:00
PM, so that the sun is low on the horizon and not pounding down on our
heads.  The girls love to go, that is until we actually walk half a block,
then everyone's gung-ho has evaporated.

Speaking of recipes, if you have Elder Clara's cookbook and you like
chocolate or fudge, I highly recommend the "Chocolate Critters" recipe from
Debbie Winchester and Elder Clara on page 20.  It is soooo easy to make and
man is it good.  Even you non-cookers could make this and get rave reviews!
I personally don't care for walnuts or pecans, so I substitute peanuts and
it tastes great, or you can leave the nuts out completely and it's still
wonderful.  The recipe takes about 10 to 15 minutes from start to finish to
make.  Highly recommended, everyone loves it.

Marlene, it was good to hear from you again, I was wondering where you were.
And Georgie, we miss you, please chime in more often so we know you are
okay.  Ruth Beatty and Ms. Beasley, how are you two doing?

The girls send drool to everyone who needs it, and soft snooter kissies to
those who have lost a friend.  And we are sending special, concentrated
drool to Pat in the hospital, we hope she keeps improving and makes a quick
recovery.  Such as sad thing to happen.

Anita Woodrum

awoodrum at clear.net