[Dailydrool] This and That

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 19:54:33 PDT 2011

BaRCSE is a member of Petfinder and our hounds are listed on their site. We
would love it if you decide on BaRCSE but all the BaRCSE members who are on
the DD are going to vote for whatever rescue is decided on. All of our
basset hound rescues are in the same boat and trying to accomplish the same
thing. If you don't choose BaRCSE this time, maybe all of you will think
about us next time.

I've had a sad couple of days. Well, today is one of those happy/sad kind of
days. Yesterday was just plain sad. I had to put my old Petey cat to sleep
yesterday. He would have been sixteen in a couple of months and, after we
rescued him from a shelter in NY when he was about six months old, he lived
a wonderful life with us. The happy/sad thing was today. Today, our foster
girl Darcy moved on to a wonderful family who has another hound and a couple
of kids and I'm sincerely hoping that they will fall for this sweet girl
just as hard as we have. This sweet houndette has only been with us for a
couple of weeks but, wow, have we ever fallen in love with her. We have said
for years that, until we grow that fifth hand, we will not adopt another
hound. However, if we were to ever change our minds about that decision,
this would have been the time. I keep thinking that Darcy is a very special
hound but, when I really think about it, I have felt that way about every
single hound that has walked in my door. Of course, we adopted three of our
foster dogs but you have to draw the line somewhere. I have to say, every
time I feel this happy/sad when one of our hounds moves on, I decide that
I'm never going foster again.
Yes, I know. That decision will only last for a few days.

I'm so glad to see that Pat is a little better. The Houndettes have been
slinging lots of healing drool in her direction and have enlisted the
mastiffs to help too. We're all praying that she's off the ventilator real
soon and can recover quickly. We're sending drool and prayers to all in
need.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger (who is missing Darcy a lot!)
with Brutus & Sasha