[Dailydrool] Hounds Afraid of Thunder

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Sun Jun 12 14:49:47 PDT 2011

I'm so sorry for all the hounds who are so afraid of thunder and lightening.
And their families.  We don't have that problem, but we do have Lilie who
becomes annoyed.

As she gets older, Lilie does not put up well with being annoyed.  When the
noises finally awaken her, she goes to one of the windows and barks her fool
head off!  Then, if I'm not already in bed (and sleeping through the whole
thing), she finds me and gives me the "well, are you going to do something
about this or not?" look.  Since the answer is always, "not", she stomps
away to continue trying to take care of the matter herself.  As things quiet
down (which I'm sure that she thinks she caused), she goes back to her couch
and goes to sleep.

I really hope that Lilie waits for me at the Bridge.  I want to witness the
first meeting between her and God.  I suspect that she'll have a long list
of complaints, and her ideas of how to better handle things, that she will
be more than willing to express.  I look forward to the confrontation.

Take care and good luck with the Thundershirts,
Katie, Lilie and Daffodil