[Dailydrool] Miss Angela's spring

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Mon Jun 13 12:15:05 PDT 2011

Bill here, press agent/personal trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

I have not posted in a long time, largely because the diva has
not really done anything out of the ordinary.  We have had many
hot days (over 100 degrees) already and Angie spends those
under the ceiling fan or on the cool tile floor, changing positions
to keep moving to cooler surfaces.  We are still doing walks but
earlier in the day.  Angela moves briskly through intense sun
but dawdles badly (peeing, sniffing, general malingering) in the
shady places.  During our spectacular prairie thunderstorms
she comes over to reassure me and make sure that I am not
afraid, but doesn't otherwise react.  She certainly hates the
tornado sirens.  We are apparently equidistant between two of
the towers, because sometimes both sirens are pointed at us
and it becomes nearly unbearable.  Still no complaints from the
diva, however.

It seems that Miss Angela has really made a rapid transition from
ingenue to grande dame.  Her figure is filling out a bit despite the
diet food.  She has greyed tremendously, with most of her muzzle
becoming grey instead of the lovely red brown.  Her head, neck
and ears now show lots of white hairs.  (She must be trying to
keep up with me in both weight and white hair departments).  She
has begun playing less and barking more, usually from one stat-
ionary position. She also has begun waking earlier in the morning.
Usually she just hangs out until my normal rising time (7:35 when
Garrison Keillor's Writer's Almanac comes on the clock radio) but
several times lately, she has begun to signal anxiously that she
needs to go out about 4:30 am.  I don't appreciate it, but I let her
out and she heads right for her favorite spot for doing her business.

Miss Angela is now old enough that she is thinking of growing old
and in re-thinking her lifelong solitary pursuit of her drama career.
In fact, she remarked lately that she was sorry that Morse was so
grief stricken over the loss of Elder Clara and intimated that she
might consider a little somethin' somethin' to help him get over her.
This may have only been a passing thought and it's pretty safe
since the two of them are many miles and an ocean apart.

We send drool to those who are ill or mourning.

Bill ( maybe also thinking his solitary existence)
Angela (or it could just be heartburn)