[Dailydrool] Nigel, Colette and Miss Nikki

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 16 13:23:12 PDT 2011

I am so such a bad Momma as I forgot to announce Nigel and Colette's Birthday on June 11.  They both turned 8, and I am ashamed to say I may well have forgotten the day were it not for Auntie Walli and Uncle Bill.  Shame, shame shame on me.  No, they are not the "Jan Brady" bassets in a house full of Marcia's.  I usually remember.  I did manage to prepare them hot dogs, and they got a Carvel ice cream cake (vanilla).  They were showered with love, snooters and hugs.  It is hard to believe that 5/8's of the herd are senior already.
Miss Nikki had a grand time yesterday visiting cousin Ginger.  Both are BHRA alum, and both took the two day transport on Pet's express. Their adoptions were about two years apart, but they are still both about the same age, as Nikki was 5 months when I got her, and Ginger was about 2 years when Patty got her.  It is uncanny how much they look alike, especially in the face and head region.  They got along great, and more visits are planned.  Auntie Patty has an electric grill, and I never knew such a thing exists, so I am going to get one.  I have wanted to BBQ for the longest time, but I am afraid of both fire and propane.  This is a perfect solution.  The girls' burgers were cooked to perfection.
Not that they deserved those burgers.  More than once a squirrel came into the yard, and neither one would bat an eyelash.  However, if I were walking her, Miss Nikki would be ripping my arm out trying to chase one, to be sure.
I keep putting off the Pierre post, I know, but I know I will be overflowing with praise and emotion, and I wish to do this when I have time to really get it right.  I have a link of him swimming this past Sunday which will be included, but right now, I am headed back to Assisted Living.  Mom got "styled" today, and I can't wait to see her new "do."
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the herd