[Dailydrool] Dotties tail tip amputatated

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Fri Jun 17 12:55:56 PDT 2011

Hello everyone.  Today I had to bring my little Dottie to  the vet's, one
yr. ago she got her tail caught in a car door.  All of   a sudden, over
night, that hard dried blood thing, had a great big red soft  swelling, like a
boil. Vet drained it, and it filled right back up again, all  puss.
Sure enough some how, it had become infected, and probably  about 4 inches
of her tail had to be amputated.  It isn't all that un  common I am told.
So it is wrapped tight, and next Wed; I will bring her  back in for him to
check it.  She is on cephalexan and deramaxx for pain,  if needed.  Never
expected this to happen, after a whole yr.  Also  found out that the reason she
limps from time to time on her left leg, she has a  good case of arthritis,
so just have to keep doing the glucosamine, and the fish  oil, and if it is
bad, a deramaxx once in awhile.  Things happen so fast,  sometimes things
go, good for awhile, and then boom, when our furbabies are  healthy, we have
to really appreciate those good days.  Anyone else have to  do this?
Shorter tail Dottie, and her mommy

In a message dated 6/16/2011 10:03:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,