[Dailydrool] Swim Therapy

Menzie Campbell menziecampbell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 13:25:21 PDT 2011

As Droolers may know, we now have a long-haired basset, Pippa, who we
got as a pup back in November.  She is 10 months old now.
Unfortunately, she has hip dysplasia, and some loose ligament
problems, which affect her joints. (Though, she is much better now
than she was, as she's gotten older).  In addition,we have Hector the
Very Loud, who is now almost 12 (which I still can't believe!), and
two years ago, he went down in his back.  While he is recovered 90%,
he still has much less muscle mass back there than he used to.

So, we bought a little blow-up pool at WalMart, and some doggie
lifejackets, and are "torturing" Hector and Pippa with swim therapy.
I thought you might like to see the videos of our latest session:
that's Daddy (husband Noel) in the pool, and me putting on the life
jackets, and some visiting friends taking the video.

Oh,and Pippa got accidentally shaved for summer after a
miscommunication with her groomer, so you may notice that she has long
hair on her head and her tail, but nowhere else!  :)

Pippa 1: http://youtu.be/LQhjMIoqyBM
Pippa 2: http://youtu.be/-weYidhK4Mk  (Is it just me, or is she the
cutest puppy ever?  I may be biased...)

Hector: http://youtu.be/eBRJi--oybg  (in this video, you can see the
other dogs looking out the porch door, then slinking quickly away in
case we decide to "drown" them as well).

--
Menzie Campbell
Save a Life - Don't Shop, ADOPT!