[Dailydrool] My Fred is a hero!

Kalli Fliger kalliflower1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:07:45 PDT 2011

I was just sitting down at my sewing machine this evening when my Fred
started barking at the sliding glass door leading to the fenced in backyard.
 Although that's where Fred "does his business", he doesn't ever bark at the
door, in fact, he rarely barks at all.  When I let him outside, I noticed
our elderly neighbor was in his wheelchair, burning lawn debris.  After
about 10 minutes, I went to the door to look for Fred and he was standing on
the deck, rigid and staring next door into the neighbor's yard.  As I leaned
out the door to call Fred in, I noticed our neighbor had fallen from his
wheelchair and wasn't able to get himself back in to it.  Fred's
uncharacteristic behavior brought my attention to the neighbor and my BF and
I were able to get him back into his chair and into his house.  Fred is a
hero tonight!

--
Kalli