[Dailydrool] Ethel - Update

grackjm grackjm at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 18 17:20:29 PDT 2011

She made it through surgery on Friday.  They were able to successfully removed the pica and cleaned out her abdomen to prevent infection.  They also removed an almond size tumor from the inside of her stomach.  Keeping our fingers crossed it isn't cancer.  She went to an emergency vet for the evening and on Saturday morning she was drinking water but not interested in food and she couldn't come home till she started eating and keeping it down.  We went to visit and she ate the soft food we offered.  Thanks goodness!  So Ethel is back with her pack and, hopefully, on her way to a full recovery.  We have to watch for a lot of things and there is a lot of soft food in her diet (almost 3 full weeks).  We have to limit her water cause she loves to drink as much as her tummy will hold, but she is resting comfortably and we are all so very thankful she should be okay.

Thanks for all the drool and to anyone that has or will be making donations.

Jody & the MN Basset Brigade