[Dailydrool] A funny thing happened to me on my way home.

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 19 16:42:43 PDT 2011

By Snoopy ......

A funny thing happened to me on my way home .... Its the title of a story I
started to write about all the scary stuff that happened a long time ago.

MomPerson said it was time to go to the dog park with Cyrus though,  so we went.
I sniffed and rolled and said hello to everyone. There was an airdale named
Sherman that wanted to play ball so I barked and barked at Sherman and wound up
on lead sitting by momPerson till Sherman went home.  Then another airdale came
and she and I played chase till I was very, very tired while momPerson and Cyrus
played ball.  Then we stopped at the bakery where they make the dog cookies and
got Cyrus and I each one and then went home.

So then I sat down again to write the sad story but I was sleepy and I got up on
the couch and took a nap instead.  I woke up later and got a drink of water and
then I was going to write of the hunger and the sorrow but Cyrus wanted to play
fetch instead so I figured I'd write it all down later.

And later I was thinking about writing about all that stuff but momPerson said
it was dinner time.  So she got our dinner and put it on mats in the kitchen and
we started eating and Natalie said something and momPerson left the kitchen and
when she came back I was finished so I was sitting on my mat and Cyrus was still
eating and she almost fell over but she only smiled and said I was a good boy.

Of course I"m a good boy, I'm Snoopy for peats sake, last night momPerson got me
to be quiet and walk past 4 dogs right out in front of my home at the end of our
dog walk(ok, I barked 3x but I wasn't hysterical and I just trotted off inisde
with momPerson)

So then I sat down to write again and I realized all the stuff I was going to
write about isn't important to me anymore.  All the stuff that happened today is
much more important.  The fact that I AM home means more to me than anything
that ever happened before.

Happy dadPerson Day Everyone.  Thanks for the help in training my untrainable
slaves.

More later from Snoopy