[Dailydrool] Walking multiple dogs

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:28:33 PDT 2011

I use a coupler. It is made by, I think "Sporn" and you can hitch two
different sized dogs to it. I can walk a Basset and Belgian at the same
time. Then I can put a third dog on a regular leash or a flexi, altho
actually, I do not like to have anyone on a flexi when I have more than one
dog: I do not think you have adeqaute control with a flexi under those
circumstances.
If I must walk more than two dogs with regular leashes I arrange two in the
left hand held between separate fingers and braced over the top of my hand
by
 the thumb.
I don't like walking more than two at a time, and actually prefer one at a
time even if it means three walks. I have run into loose dogs and it is a
real problem with one dog but almost unmanageable with more especially if
one of the dogs is not friendly or if they are very excitable.

Just my personal opinion based on being dragged facedown across a baseball
diamond by two Bassets chasing something I never even saw....

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Cooper