[Dailydrool] Walking Multiple Dogs

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Tue Jun 21 19:06:39 PDT 2011

Not that it is easy, but I have walked up to 5 on flexis. Gluten for punishment, I know. I currently walk the 3 "fast" boys at the gully, and then walk my two slow guys around the neighborhood. I have been pulled to the ground. I have been pulled down with a full poop bag that broke open and got all over me. I have learned that even with 3, if you brace yourself, be super vigilant for any oncoming dogs, joggers, anything, you can pull your guys off to the side of the trail, brace yourself, and hang on while they pitch an embarassing fit at any passing jogger-dog-etc. I am usually looking like a telephone pole with arms outstretched before (movers) and behind (slackers-Bosley man), but it is possible. I will say that I started walking 3 about 15 years ago and it is definately a learned art. When I was walking 5, I felt like I was doing a sled dog team--that was a little much--but the group I had did OK. The guys I have now do not work well if everyone
 goes--too much difference in pace. It totally depends on the dogs and how they are with walking.

Marilyn Briggs